Coffee is Passe! Try Matcha!
Preparation of matcha is the focus of Japanese tea ceremonies, and it has long been associated with Zen. According to the 8th century Zen priest Eisai, who introduced the tea to Japan, matcha is “the ultimate mental and medical remedy and has the ability to make one’s life more full and complete”.
Matcha is a special type of powdered green tea that is grown and produced mostly in Japan. The green tea leaves of a Camellia Sinensis plant are shaded from the sun for the last few weeks of their growth, increasing the chlorophyll content and creating a vibrant green color.These chlorophyll-rich leaves are then handpicked, steamed, dried and ground into a fine green powder. Unlike other types of teas, the green tea powder is not strained out before consuming, so you are consuming the entire leaf. That is why Matcha is significantly more potent than other green tea types.
Matcha tea is an easy and DELICIOUS way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.
Amongst its many health benefits, matcha tea is:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Increases energy levels and endurance
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Boosts memory and concentration
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease by fortifying the immune system
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Enjoy the video and create your own Elixir of Life!